Connect with NPL
Connect with NPL is a technology lending collection. Borrow a laptop to use at home free of charge.
Patrons must be Davidson County residents, at least 18 years of age, and have a valid NPL library card in good standing (library card is not blocked due to unpaid fees).
Customers must sign an agreement indicating that they do not otherwise have access to equipment or services sufficient to meet their educational needs.
- Laptops check out for 3 weeks. They will automatically renew three times (for a total of nine more weeks) if there are no pending holds.
- Customers are limited to 1 laptop checkout per card.
- All equipment must be returned inside the library at the circulation desk, not in the book drop.
- Patrons will be held responsible for damage to the item if it is returned in the book drop.
Overdue or Lost Items
- While NPL doesn’t charge late fees, overdue Chromebooks will be deactivated.
- There are no fees to borrow the equipment, however, the borrower assumes full responsibility for the cost of repair or replacement if the equipment is lost, stolen or damaged. Library staff will assess the equipment and charge the borrower accordingly.
- Replacement fees are: $15 each for missing chargers, adapters, cords and cases; $75 for Chromebooks.