In June 2008, the Nashville Public Library hosted Nashville’s first International Puppet Festival. Puppetry artists from Italy, France, Germany and China joined local artists for three days of performances and workshops.
Over three days, performers dazzled more than 15,000 children and adults.
World on a String: Nashville’s International Puppet Festival
2008 Festival Performers
- Dragon Art Studio – China
- Philip Huber – United States
- Magdeburg Puppentheater – Germany
- Teatro dei Burattini San Carlino - Italy
- Velo Theatre – France
- Wood and Strings Theatre – United States
- Wishing Chair Productions – United States
2011 Festival Performers
- Blue Goose Theater
- Coal Train Railroad - United States
- Dragon Art Studio - China
- Davey Ukulele and the Gag Time Gang - United States
- Lee Bryan, “That Puppet Guy” - United States
- Mechanical Animals Puppet Caravan - United States
- Philip Huber - United States
- Wishing Chair Productions - United States
- The Puppet Truck - United States
- Wood and Strings Theatre - United States
The Nashville International Puppet Festival is made possible by generous support from the Nashville Public Library Foundation.