Yann Martel Author Talk – March 2
March 2nd at 3pm - Main Library
Community Discussion Events
Nashville Public Library is partnering with members of the community to host discussion groups around the city. These community discussions will cover different themes in the book.
- Life of Pi Discussion for Teachers and Librarians
Tuesday, March 12 – 2:30 p.m.
Croft Middle School
482 Elysian Fields Road
- Books and Brews at M.L. Rose Craft Beer and Burgers (Melrose location)
Tuesday, March 19 – 5:30 p.m.
2535 Franklin Pike
- Life of Pi Dinner with VEA Supper Club & Nashville Reads
Nashville Reads is partnering with a local pop up, VEA Supper Club for a dinner discussion of Life of Pi. Inspired by the book, VEA Supper Club’s founder/chef, Vivek Surti will create a three course menu of some of his family’s Indian recipes.
Thursday, March 21 – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Nashville Farmer’s Market
900 Rosa L. Parks Blvd.
Tickets are $35 per person. Reservations are required and space is limited.
- Discussion at Parnassus Books, led by Lauren Bardwell, bookseller
Tuesday, March 26 – 6:30 p.m.
3900 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville
- Discussion at Fifty Forward Knowles
Thursday, March 28 – 10:30 a.m.
Fifty Forward Knowles
174 Rains Ave
- Life of Pi and a Slice of Pie
Mayor Dean leads a community discussion of “Life of Pi.”
Thursday, March 28 – 6:00 p.m.
2007 Belmont Blvd
- An Open Mic night to celebrate Life of Pi
Tuesday, April 2 – 7:30 p.m
The University Theater, Lipscomb campus
One University Park Drive – Campus Map
- Community Book Discussion at Belmont University
Friday, April 5 – 10:00 a.m.
Hosted by professors Dr. Marcia McDonald, Dr. Mike Pinter, and Dr. David Curtis.
1900 Belmont Blvd
Belmont University, Massey Board Room – Parking information
- Life of Pi Interfaith Discussion
Saturday, April 6 – 3:00 p.m.
The community is invited to join panelists of Christian, Hindu, Islam, and Jewish faiths in an Interfaith discussion regarding Life of Pi.
Main Library, Banner Room
615 Church Street
- Discussion at East Side Story, led by Lynne Bachleda
Sunday, April 7 – 6:30-8 p.m.
East Side Story
1108 Woodland St. Unit B
- Books and Brews at M.L. Rose Craft Beer and Burgers (M.L. Rose West location)
Tuesday, April 9 – 5:30 p.m.
4408 Charlotte Ave.
- Free Movie Showing at the Nashville Zoo
Saturday, April 13 - 6:00-9:30 p.m.
Address by the Mayor, animal expert panel, and outdoor movie showing of Life of Pi
3777 Nolensville Pike
- Book Club with the Mayor at Park Manor Retirement Community
Tuesday, April 16 – 1:15 p.m.
Park Manor Retirement Community
115 Woodmont Blvd, Nashville
Library Book Clubs reading Life of Pi
The following library book clubs are reading Life of Pi. You do not need to be a member of a book club to participate. We hope to see some new faces!
- Book and Culture Discussion Group
Wednesdays, March 6 through April 10 at 10:00 a.m.
Richland Park Library
- 2nd Wednesday Book Club
Wednesday, March 13 at 12:00 p.m.
- Old Hickory Book Club
Tuesday, March 19 at 6:30 p.m.
Old Hickory Library
- Bellevue Library Book Club
Thursday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m.
Bellevue Branch Library
- Bordeaux Library Book Club
Thursday, April 4, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
Bordeaux Branch Library
- Goodlettsville Library Book Club
Tuesday, April 9 – 6:30 p.m.
Goodlettsville Branch Library